|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT DOES ACE MEAN?
ACE is the Alliance for Community Enrichment, which is a committee comprised of ten Multicultural and Special Interest Groups.
WHAT DOES ACE DO?
ACE is a commitee, the purpose of which is to increase the presence of cultural and under-represented
communities (including, but not limited to racial, ethnic, gender, sexuality and ability) on the Geneseo
campus through the use of collaboration and programming.
WHAT GROUPS ARE MEMBERS OF ACE?
WHEN AND WHERE ARE ACE MEETINGS HELD?
All College Free Hour: Wednesdays at 2:30 PM in the CU Mosaic Room
CAN I GO TO AN ACE MEETING?
ACE meetings are open to the entire campus.
WHEN CAN I REQUEST MONEY FROM ACE?
ACE funded groups can request money from ACE if it is not outlined in their budget or if it is a collaborative program. The program has to be performance or presentational in nature unless 2/3 of the organizations are participating.
WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A FUNDING REQUEST FORM?
The SA office in CU 316 or on SA's Forms and Policy Page
WHEN ARE FUNDING REQUEST FORMS DUE?
Mondays by 4:30 PM in the Director of Student Affairs mailbox in CU 316
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED FOR MY FUNDING REQUEST FORM?
- Price breakdown.
- Time, date, and location of event.
- Estimated number of attendees to event or program.
- Notification any potential contractual agreements with any
- Additional information may be requested by the ACE
chair/ACE representatives as they see fit.
- Signature from the organization's president.
HOW DO I KNOW IF A READING IS A ONE WEEK OR A TWO WEEK READING?
ACE readings of $499 and under will be a one-week reading and readings $500 and above will be two-week readings.
HOW CAN MY ORGANIZATION BECOME A PART OF ACE?
- Any recognized cultural/under-represented organization at the college is eligible to become a member of ACE through a two-week reading request.
- Any cultural/under-represented organization that is applying for membership, must be approved by a 2/3 vote of the current ACE representatives.
- Any cultural/under-represented organizations must be approved by ACE and must subsequently be approved by the SA Executive Committee in accordance with its
own procedures (see SA Constitution, Article III, Section II, A-C).