Geneseo Alumni Association
The first meeting of the Geneseo Alumni Association was convened in the
spring of 1942. Since that historic meeting, the Association has grown
and evolved along with the College, and now proudly represents and
serves some 46,000 active alumni.
- To keep alumni informed through regular communication.
- To encourage alumni to return to Geneseo and to maintain active ties to the College.
recognize professional achievements of Geneseo graduates as well as
outstanding contributions to the alumni program and the College, through
award programs and publicity for honorees.
- To represent the alumni of Geneseo and provide a vehicle through which they can provide service to their Alma Mater.
- To foster mutually beneficial relationships between alumni, students and SUNY Geneseo.
alumni are the truest measure of the College's success as an
educational institution, and their loyal support both reflects and
promotes the excellence for which Geneseo has become so widely known.
Alumni interested in playing a leadership role in the Alumni Association
are encouraged to contact the Alumni Relations Office.
- Alumni Reunions - planned for all classes celebrating milestone reunions (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th, 35th, 40th, 45th, 50th, 55th, 60th, 65th, 70th, 75th, etc) and other affinity groups
- Externship Program - provides career exploration and alumni interaction to current students
- Regional Alumni Programs - throughout New York State and across the country
- Campus Programs - New Alumni Champagne Reception, scholarships
- Undergraduate Alumni Association - connecting current students with alumni
Geneseo Foundation and the Geneseo Alumni Association support a wide
variety of merit scholarships to incoming freshmen and undergraduates.
These are funded by annual and endowed contributions from alumni,
emeriti, faculty, staff, students, businesses and corporations.
assist and reward students who have shown academic strength and
demonstrated active and productive involvement in high school and
college. During the past decade, the Foundation has awarded $4.2 million
in scholarships to nearly 5,000 outstanding and deserving students.
Additional information on scholarships is available on the Where to Give page or by contacting the Geneseo Foundation office, (585) 245-5519, Erwin 201.