See Italy as only Geneseo can present it!
Geneseo professors Bill Cook, Ron Herzman,
Rob Doggett and Wes Kennison will take you to Siena and beyond, revealing Italy through four decades of scholarly research and forging
of friendships in Tuscany.
- See the fourteenth century come to life in Siena with a host of activities:
- Listen as Bill Cook and Ron Herzman share
their internationally renowned knowledge of the art, architecture and history
of this unique city.
- Follow Wes Kennison as he guides you through the back roads and secret
passages of the city and explore the surrounding hill towns and countryside
Engage Rob Doggett in a discussion on English love poetry written in Italy.
- Picnic in a medieval castle and taste
the local wines and cheeses.
- Shop the public markets and explore on your own.
- Spend a day in Rome viewing and experiencing its incredible beauty and history.
- Enjoy a private tour of the renowned Uffizzi Gallery in nearby Florence
Dates: August 1-12, 2011
Cost: $3,900 per person
- Round trip airfare
from New York
- Accommodation in 3 or 4 star hotels
- Ground transportation
- Several banquets
- All museum entrance fees
Does not cover:
- Travel arrangements to New York will be each individual’s