- Ph.D, University at Buffalo
- MA, University at Buffalo
- MA, Vermont College
- BA, SUNY College at Potsdam
- SUNY Geneseo, 2010 to present
- SUNY College at Buffalo, 2009-2011, adjunct lecturer
- University at Buffalo, 2008-2011, teaching assitant and lecturer
Linguistic anthropology, media/visual/digital anthropology, pragmatics, humor, performance, play, ritual, liminality, invented tradition, community, new religious movements, cyber and digital ethnography, social networking, social movements, identity, place/space/scape, flashmobs/urban pranks, and urban places/spaces.
- 2011 Why Can’t We Count Past Two? Comparing the New Animism, Language and Cultural Views of Gender NEAA Bulletin, 33(2):7-11.
- 2010 Critical Concepts: The Anthropology of Religion. Routledge. Assistant Editor, Phillips Stevens, editor, 4 volume set.
- 2009 Edupunk/Anthropunk: What? Anthropology Now.
- 2009 If You Cannot Whisper: The Performative Language of Magical Spells. NEAA Newsletter, Fall.
- 2008 Zaduszki, Dziady: The Day of the Dead: The Pagan Roots Behind the Ancient Tradition to Honor the Deceased. Polish-American Journal 97(11):1, 4.
- American Anthropological Association
- Northeastern Anthropological Association
- Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Culture Association
- Association for Women in Science
- Living Tongues Institute for Endangered Languages - database volunteer
- Linguistic Society of America
- Society for Applied Anthropology