How To Apply for EOP
1. Students who submit an application to the State University of New York and who answer “yes” to the Educational Opportunity Program question (#31 on page A-3 of the application) will be considered Educational Opportunity Program applicants. If you choose to use the Common Application to apply to Geneseo you should mark on the supplement that you wish to be considered for EOP.
2. Applicants who are considered for admission to the College through EOP will receive a Supplemental Data Form and directions for completing and submitting all other required forms.
3. In order to determine initial eligibility for EOP, the following information must be be submitted to the Office of Admission at Geneseo:
- All official high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores
- All letters of recommendation (e.g. School Counselor, teachers, etc.)
4. Before a final decision can be reached regarding your eligibility for EOP, the following information must be submitted to the AOP department:
- Personal essays that discusses high school academic performance and potential to be successful at the four-year college level.
- A photocopy of the confirmation page for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) .
- EOPIF and Supplemental Part II Application
- Official documentation verifying family income for the current year (e.g. 1040 Federal Tax Return, Social Security Award letter, Child Support Court Order, Social Services budget letter).
- If not a U.S. citizen - A copy of your Alien Registration Card