- B.A. Economics and M-Econ., Nankai University
- M.S. and Ph.D., Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
His research interests are in the impact of information technology on market behavior and changes in market efficiency, housing market and policy, IPOs and ADRs, option to develop land, and exotic options. He has presented at the ASSA-AREUEA, ITFA, FMA, and other international annual conferences in America, Asia, Australia, East and West Europe. His research has appeared in the Journal of Financial Research, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Applied Financial Economics, Journal of Real Estate Research, and Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management.
Publications and Professional Activities
- Gu, A. (2013). “A Possible Method for Warning of House Price Bubble,” International Journal of Business and Social Research, 3(2), 104-113.
- Gu, A. (2013) “Higher Returns from Investing in the Worst Performing Sector: Evidence from the S&P Ten Sectors,” Journal of Applied Business and Economics, 14(3).
- Gao, X. and A. Gu. (2012). “The Relationship between Chinese Real Estate Market and Stock Market,” Journal of International Business Research, 11(1) (11(1)), 73-80.
- Chen, S. and A. Gu (2012) "Expectation Fulfillment Effect on the Fed’s Announcement Day: Evidence in the U.S. Stock Market", 17th International Conference, Global Business Development Institute, Las Vegas.