Internships provide an opportunity for students to link theory with practice in real-world experiences. They enable a student to develop important skills which cannot be taught in the classroom. These experiences vary from working on special projects for the interning agency to learning about the human motivation process in an organization. They also teach what is expected in terms of professional experience.
Benefits to Students
- An opportunity to gain new skills and perspectives
- Deeper understanding of your personal strengths and career goals
- The change to expand your academic knowledge within your field of study
- Exposure to new cultures, new environments and new ideas
- The opportunity to expand your professional network
An internship is the first step in your professional career. It can also be an interview for your first job. Successfully completing your internship can lead to a job offer upon graduation.
Types of internships
For more information on the School of Business Internship process, please click here.
Recent internship placements
For information on recent Internship sponsors, please click here.