- B.A. (double major: Journalism and Religion), Washington and Lee University (cum Laude)
- M.B.A. State University of New York at Buffalo
- Ph.D. University of Maryland at College Park
His research interests are in the areas of business ethics, auditing, small business and behavioral accounting. His research has been published in scholarly journals including Research on Accounting Ethics, Journal of Business Ethics, and Review of Business. In addition, Mitschow is on the editorial board of Research on Accounting Ethics and Journal of Business and Behavioral Sciences and is an ad hoc reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals
Publications and Professional Activities
- Mitschow, M. (2012). “Patrick Primeaux: Teacher, Scholar, Trailblazer.” Research on Ethical Issues in Organizations, 8.
- Coate, C., and M. Mitschow, M. (2012). "Squaring the Circle: A Defense of Free Market Economics in a Catholic Social Teaching Context," 19th Annual International Conference Promoting Business Ethics. Buffalo, New York.
- Coate, C., and M. Mitschow. (2013). "Benefit Corporations: Implications and Questions for Accounting Practitioners, Educators, and Ethicists.”presented at the 8th Annual Business Research Consortium of Western New York Conference, Buffalo, New York.
- Business Research Consortium