Graduate School Resources
US News and World Reports Graduate School Rankings: Basic rankings of Graduate Schools.
Graduate School Application Checklist and Timetable
Junior year/Summer before Senior year
- Start to identify programs of interest (consult Faculty and professionals in your field).
- Contact programs to request catalogs/applications.
- Make note of deadlines.
- Determine standardized test requirements.
- Prepare for standardized tests. (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, etc)
September/October of Senior year
- Continue to research programs.
- Take appropriate standardized tests.
- Write draft of personal statement.
- Research financial aid, assistantships and scholarships.
- Request letters of recommendation from faculty members and supervisors.
- Set up a placement/credential file.
- Attend graduate school events on campus.
November/December of Senior year
- Finalize personal statement; have it critiqued by a career counselor and/or faculty member.
- Complete applications.
- Submit requests to have official transcripts sent from the Records Office; time receipt to graduate programs for AFTER your application arrives.
- Submit requests to the Office of Career Development to have your placement/credential file mailed; time receipt for AFTER your application arrives.
- Continue to research financial aid opportunities.