Ms. Stacey Wiley
Mr. Rob DiCarlo
Associate Director for Internship Opportunities
Ms. Kathy Tonkovich
Asst Director for Programming and Development
Ms. Heather DiFino
Ms. Phyllis Wixom
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, in Erwin 116.
Individual appointments may be made in person or by calling (585) 245-5721.
Our fax number is (585) 245-5800.
The Department of Career Development, an office of the Division of Student and Campus Life, is committed to assisting students and alumni with formulating career plans, implementing post- graduation objectives, and developing appropriate lifelong career decision-making strategies.
The Department of Career Development will:
- provide individual and group assistance in the identification of skills, values and interests and their relationship to choice of major and/or career.
- provide assistance with the search for employment, graduate/professional school application activities and alternate post-graduation options.
- implement outreach activities in the delivery of services as well as serve as a resource to the greater college community concerning career-related and workforce issues.
- utilize the expertise and experience of faculty, employers, community members and Geneseo alumni in office programming activities.
- evaluate technology-based tools for use in enhancing services and office administration.
- promote staff development through continued relevant training, attendance and participation in conferences and affiliation with appropriate professional organizations.
The Department of Career Development values:
- the uniqueness of each student's individual career development needs
- the pursuit of best practices in career exploration services
- continuous learning opportunities for students and for ourselves
- an environment that is welcoming, professional, and equitable to all
- innovation, as we explore and incorporate new services and programs
- the principles and practices of teamwork as we collaborate with others, both internally and externally