CAS Student Catering Grants
We recognize that the recognized student organizations on campus enhance a student's liberal arts education and provide a source of engagement, entertainment, and learning.
There are a limited amount of funds available for each semester. We encourage you to submit your grant application as soon as possible to ensure that your application is able to be considered.
- Small Grant - up to $100 (single group event)
- Large Grant - up to $500 (college wide event)
- Recognized student organizations may be awarded one grant per semester; only one large grant per year.
- You must be a SUNY Geneseo recognized Student Organization to apply. Non-recognized student organizations or outside groups are not eligible to apply.
- Application must be submitted a minimum of 15 business days prior to the event.
- Cultural Dinner Events are available for organizations that are a member of ACES and have additional qualifications and timelines; the process for ACES Cultural Dinners must be started 6 weeks prior to the event. You can view the timeline and ACES Cultural Dinner contract here.
- Application includes a written statement that supplies details of the event, how the event benefits your organization and how CAS's assistance will enhance the event.
- All events need to be held on campus and room/area needs to be coordinated through Campus Scheduling and Events (245-5500) prior to grant application submission.
- All food for events is to be ordered from CAS through Impressions Catering.
- CAS Catering Grant events cannot be held at the Big Tree Inn.
Additional Large Grant Requirements:
- In the grant application, you must explain how the event is open, beneficial and educational to the college community.
- The event must be publicized to the entire campus community. Advertising must consist of at least posters, Facebook event, and an email through whatsup-l. Details of the advertising must be included in the grant application.
- All organization fundraisers or charitable events: the money raised must be reported back to CAS within one week of the event.
If Grant is Approved:
- Food needs to be ordered a minimum of 7 business days prior to the event and picked up from a CAS Restaurant or Cafe arranged by the Catering Manager.
- The amount of food provided will be determined by what is deemed appropriate by the CAS Catering Manager or the Culinary Team.
- CAS must be published as a sponsor of your event. For large events, CAS must be tagged in the Facebook event (CAS@SUNYGeneseo), whatsup email must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org after it is sent, and a poster with CAS and Impressions Catering logo must be emailed to email@example.com a minimum of three days prior to the event.
CAS reserves the right to deny applications based on qualifications, requirements, fund depletion or availability.