CAS Catering Grants
We recognize that the student organizations on campus enhance a student's liberal arts education and provide a source of engagement, entertainment, and learning. In support of this, CAS provides up to $44,000 in catering grants to student organizations and up to $2,000 in catering grants to SUNY Geneseo departments every year. (Grants to Geneseo departments must clearly benefit SUNY Geneseo students).
**We will no longer be accepting new grant applications for the Departmental Catering Grants due to fund depletion. Please apply again in the new fiscal year, staring June 1, 2013.**
- Small Grant - up to $100 (single group event)
- Large Grant - up to $500 (college wide event)
- Department Grant - up to $200 (student benefitted event)
- You must be a SUNY Geneseo recognized Student Organization or Residence Hall Council to apply. Non-recognized student organizations or outside groups are not eligible to apply.
- The recognized organization may apply for 2 Small Grants per year (1 per semester) or 1 Small Grant and 1 Large Grant per year (1 per semester).
- SUNY Geneseo departments may apply for 1 grant per academic year so long as the event benefits SUNY Geneseo students.
- Application must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to the event.
- Cultural Dinner Events have additional qualifications and timelines; the process for Cultural Dinners must be started 6 weeks prior to the event. You can view the timeline and Cultural Dinner contract here.
- Application includes a written statement that supplies details of the event, how the event benefits your organization and how CAS's assistance will enhance the event.
- All events must be held on campus and room/area needs to be coordinated through Campus Scheduling and Events (245-5500) prior to grant applicatoin submission.
- All food for events must be ordered from CAS through Impressions Catering.
- CAS Catering Grant events cannot be held at the Big Tree Inn.
Additional Large Grant Requirements:
- In the grant application, you must explain how the event is open, beneficial and educaitonal to the college community.
- The event must be publicized to the entire campus community. Advertising must consist of at least of posters, Facebook event, and an email through whatsup-l. Details of the advertising must be included in the grant application.
If Grant is Approved:
- Food must be ordered a minimum of 7 business days prior to the event and picked up from a CAS Restaurant or Cafe arranged by the Catering Manager.
- The amount of food provided will be determined by what is deemed appropriate by the CAS Catering Manager or the Culinary Team.
- CAS must be published as a sponsor of your event. For large events, CAS must be tagged in the Facebook event (CAS@SUNYGeneseo), whatsup email must be forwarded to email@example.com after it is sent, and poster with CAS and Impressions's Catering logo must be brought to the catering office in Blake A 203 a minimum of three days prior to the event.
CAS reserves the right to deny applications based on qualifications, requirements, fund depletion or availability.
CAS cannot accommodate any events on the following dates: April 26, 2013.