CAS Catering Grants
We recognize that the student organizations on campus enhance a student's liberal arts education and provide a source of engagement, entertainment, and learning. In support of this, CAS provides up to $44,000 in catering grants to student organizations and up to $2,000 in catering grants to SUNY Geneseo departments every year. (Grants to Geneseo departments must clearly benefit SUNY Geneseo students).
** All Catering Grant Funds have been depleted for the 2013-2014 academic year!
At this time, we are no longer accepting any more grant applications, but we can still support all of your catering needs - contact Catering Manager Debbie Krueger at 245-5666 or email@example.com to discuss your upcoming event.
- Small Grant - up to $100 (single group event)
- Large Grant - up to $500 (college wide event)
- Department Grant - up to $200 (student benefitted event)
- You must be a SUNY Geneseo recognized Student Organization or Residence Hall Council to apply. Non-recognized student organizations or outside groups are not eligible to apply.
- The recognized organization may apply for 2 Small Grants per year (1 per semester) or 1 Small Grant and 1 Large Grant per year (1 per semester).
- SUNY Geneseo departments may apply for 1 grant per academic year so long as the event benefits SUNY Geneseo students.
- Application must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to the event.
- Cultural Dinner Events have additional qualifications and timelines; the process for Cultural Dinners must be started 6 weeks prior to the event. You can view the timeline and Cultural Dinner contract here.
- Application includes a written statement that supplies details of the event, how the event benefits your organization and how CAS's assistance will enhance the event.
- All events must be held on campus and room/area needs to be coordinated through Campus Scheduling and Events (245-5500) prior to grant application submission.
- All food for events must be ordered from CAS through Impressions Catering.
- CAS Catering Grant events cannot be held at the Big Tree Inn.
Additional Large Grant Requirements:
- In the grant application, you must explain how the event is open, beneficial and educaitonal to the college community.
- The event must be publicized to the entire campus community. Advertising must consist of at least of posters, Facebook event, and an email through whatsup-l. Details of the advertising must be included in the grant application.
If Grant is Approved:
- Food must be ordered a minimum of 7 business days prior to the event and picked up from a CAS Restaurant or Cafe arranged by the Catering Manager.
- Food may only be ordered from the "Pick Up and Go Menu" for student grants
- The amount of food provided will be determined by what is deemed appropriate by the CAS Catering Manager or the Culinary Team.
- CAS must be published as a sponsor of your event. For large events, CAS must be tagged in the Facebook event (CAS@SUNYGeneseo), whatsup email must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org after it is sent, and poster with CAS and Impressions's Catering logo must be brought to the catering office in Blake A 203 a minimum of three days prior to the event.
*We cannot accept grant applications for 4/25/14 or 4/26/14
CAS reserves the right to deny applications based on qualifications, requirements, fund depletion or availability.