- Post-doc, Naval Research Laboratory
- Ph.D., The Johns Hopkins University
- B.S., Chatham University
DNA chemistry, mechanisms of DNA damage, radiation chemistry, biochemical effects of radiation, mitochondrial DNA, development of methods to measure DNA damage, molecular basis of cancer predisposition syndromes, DNA computing
Publications and Professional Activities
- W.K. Pogozelski, L. Fletcher, C. Cassar, I.A. Trounce and C.A. Pinkert, The mitochondrial genome sequence of Mus terricolor: Comparison with Mus musculus domesticus and implications for xenomitochondrial mouse modeling, Gene, 2008, 418(1,2), 27-33.
- W.K. Pogozelski, S.F.Priore, M.P. Bernard, A.J.Macula, "Experimental Validation of DNA Sequences for DNA Computing: Use of a SYBR Green Assay", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, DNA 11 , 2006, 3892, 248-256.
- A.G.D'yachokov, A.J. Macula, W.K.Pogozelski, T.E.Renz, V.VRykov, D.C.Torney, "New t-Gap Insertion-Deletion-Like Metrics for DNA hYbrdization Thermodynamic Modeling", J. Comput. Biol. 2006, 13(4), 866-881.
- W.K.Pogozelski, S.F.Priore, N.Arpaia, "The Metabolic Effects of Low-Carbohydrate Diets and Incorporation into a Biochemistry Course", Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, 2005, 33(2), 91-100.
- A.Macula, A.D'yachkov, W.K.Pogozelski, et al., "An Insertion-Deletion Like Metric with Application to DNA Hybridization Thermodynamic Modeling"", Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2005, 3384, 90-103.
- I.A.Trounce, M.McKenzie, C.A.Cassar, C.A. Ingraham, C.A.Lerner, D.A. Dunn, C.L. Donegan, K. Takeda, W.K. Pogozelski, R.L. Howell and C.A. Pinkert, "Development and Initial Characterization of Xenomitochondrial Mice: Mitochondria and Neuroprotection - In Memory of Albert L. Lehninger" J. Bioenerg. Biomembr. 2004, 36(4) 421-427.
- Nutrition and Metabolism Society
- American Chemical Society
- Radiation Research Society
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Mitochondria Research Society
- Council on Undergraduate Research