CIT Telephone Services (obsolete)
CIT Telephone Services
CIT Telephone Services is dedicated to providing quality service to its customer base. CIT Telephone Services provides high-grade voice communications to all faculty, staff, students, support groups and off-campus constituencies. In addition, CIT Telephone Services is responsible for providing maintenance of the College's computerized telephone switch, and for making repairs, moves, adds and changes for all administrative offices of the College. CIT Telephone Services is also responsible for the billing of services rendered to its customers.
To report a telephone problem, please contact the CIT HelpDesk at 585-245-5588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|ALL CAMPUS EMERGENCIES including Fire - Police - Ambulance||5222|
|Facilities Services Work Control Center (Maintenance)||5662|
| Health Services||5736|
| Poison Control||9-275-5151|
| Deaf TDD||9-275-2700|
| Life Line/Poison Control||9-1-800-333-0542|
| Livingston Rape Crisis Center||9-1-800-527-1757|
Speech and Hearing Impaired Telephone Service
The New York Relay Service allows telephone communications between hearing-impaired or speech-impaired and hearing individuals. An operator acts as a go-between for the two parties, to aid them in communicating with each other. There is a Text Telephone (also known as TDD) located in the University Police Office. TDD's are also available from CIT for installation in employee offices only. For further information, please contact the CIT HelpDesk at 585-245-5588 or email email@example.com.
How to handle harassing or unsolicited telemarketing calls:
- Avoid saying anything and calmly hang up. Don't discuss the call with anyone, as harassing callers are usually an acquaintance.
- Record the time, date and phone number if caller ID is available on your phone, as this will assist University Police in tracing the call.
- Never provide credit card information, social security numbers, passwords or other sensitive information over the phone.
- If calls continue, contact University Police. University Police is responsible for investigating all telephone calls that are made with the intent to annoy, harass, threaten, alarm or engage in fraudulent acitivity.
- Register your campus office phone number on the national Do Not Call registry to stop unwanted telemarketing calls.
Weather or Other Emergency Conditions
College faculty, staff and students should contact ext. 6666 from on-campus or 585-245-6666 from off-campus to obtain information concerning sudden changes in college wide schedules due to weather or other emergency condidtions.