- Ph.D., Kent State University (1988)
Her current research, creative activity and professional consultation is in the area of integrated marketing communications and place branding. Dr. Mohan and her students have worked on numerous service learning projects in the South Wedge, Charlotte and Maplewood neighborhoods of Rochester, Geneva, NY and village Main Streets in Livingston and Wyoming counties. Dr. Mohan has also taught Geneseo’s Western Humanities II abroad in Paris, Belgium and Normandy.
- Strategic Place Branding: Facilitating Identity Transformation in Urban and Rural Contexts in Journal of Integrated Marketing Communications. 2011.
- Place Branding: An Emerging Strategy to Rescue Main Street. Journal of Integrated Marketing Communications Review. 2009.
- Dr. Mohan is the author of Organizational Communication and Cultural Vision: Approaches for Analysis - SUNY Press.
Awards and Honors
- James and Julia Lockhart Supported Professorship for Research/Creative Endeavors 2010 – 2013
- Carol and Michael Harter Faculty Mentoring Award 2001
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- American Marketing Association
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)