What is a Dual-Diploma?
Dual-Diploma Programs provide the opportunity to pursue a single degree by completing coursework at two institutions. In doing so, you satisfy degree requirements and receive diplomas from both universities.
What Dual-Diplomas are offered and what universities are involved?
State University at Geneseo and Universidad de las Americas Puebla, Mexico
For U.S. Students and Mexican Students:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in International Relations from SUNY Geneseo
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in International Relations from Universidad de las Americas Puebla
State University at Geneseo and Moscow State University, Russia
For U.S. Students:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Communication with a track in Intercultural and Critical Studies from SUNY Geneseo
- Baccalaureate degree in Cross-Cultural Communication from Moscow State University
For Russian Students:
State University at Geneseo and Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
For Turkish Students:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics from SUNY Geneseo
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Economics from Hacettepe University
What are the language requirements?
- All students admitted to Geneseo from a partner institution abroad must provide evidence of their English language abilities by submitting one of the following TOEFL scores:
Note: For more information on TOEFL, visit http://www.ets.org
- U.S. students admitted into the International Relations Dual-Diploma Program must meet a B2 Spanish language requirement.
- U.S. students admitted into the Dual-Diploma Communication Program should meet a B2 Russian language requirement.
How would a dual-diploma benefit me?
- Obtain a degree from SUNY Geneseo, as well as the chosen university abroad
- Acquire knowledge that will enhance academic goals and strengthen skills for a career upon graduation.
- Advance personal growth and language fluency.
- Receive the many advantages of studying and collaborating with students in two different countries.
- Gain the many benefits of a multi-cultural experience.
- Earn two diplomas at a relatively low cost.
How does it work?
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in International Relations SUNY Geneseo / Universidad de Las Americas Puebla, Mexico Program
- Pursue your first and third year at SUNY Geneseo
- Your second year and fourth years are studied abroad in the partner institution
- Commencement at SUNY Geneseo, and at the overseas partner institution if desired
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Communication with a concentration in Language and Intercultural Communication (SUNY Geneseo) and a Baccalaureate degree in Cross-Cultural Communication from Moscow State University
- Pursue your first, second and fourth years at SUNY Geneseo
- Pursue your third year at Moscow State University
- Commencement at SUNY Geneseo, and at the overseas partner institution, if desired
What is the coursework?
Below are links to the courses taken for each program. They will direct you to the relevant location on the programs page.
Dual-Diploma in Communications: Moscow, Russia
Dual-Diploma in Economics: Ankara, Turkey
Dual-Diploma in International Relations: Puebla, Mexico