- Ph.D. Education: Emphasis in Literacy, Spring, 2006. State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- M.S. Education (Reading Specialist), 1996. Saint Bonaventure University, St. Bonaventure, NY.
- B.A. English Literature, January, 1983. State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
My research focuses mainly on new literacies, multiliteracies, digital literacy, and adolescent literacy singly or in any combination.
Publications and Professional Activities
- Jones III, W. E., Pritting, S., & Morgan, B. (2014). Understanding availability: Usability testing of a consortial interlibrary loan catalog. Journal of Web Librarianship, 8(1), 69-87.
- Morgan, B. (2010). New Literacies in the Classroom: Digital Capital, Student Identity, and Third Space. The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society, Volume 6, Issue 2, pp.221-240.
- Morgan, B. (2008). Identity presentation: The construction of identity in asynchronous discussion. Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum: Qualitative Social Research, 9(3). Retrieved 2008-12-27, from http://www.qualitative-research.net/index.php/fqs/article/view/1006 FQS is a peer-reviewed multilingual on-line journal for qualitative research, established in 1999.
- Morgan, B., & Smith, R. D. (2008). A Wiki for Classroom Writing. Reading Teacher. 62 (1), 80-82. The Reading Teacher is the most widely read journal in literacy.
- Literacy Research Association
- National Council of Teachers of English
- International Reading Association
- IRA History of Reading SIG