- University at Albany 2000
- University at Albany 1994
- SUNY Plattsburgh 1992
- Urban Literacy Clinics: Dr. Peck offers CURR 513 our literacy clinical practicum with urban partners including The Community Place of Greatre Rochester and The Horizons Program at The Harley School
- Dr. Peck is active with school partnerships, community partnerships and providing inservice programs for the Rochester City School District.
Dr. Peck actively researches urban literacy education, literacy clinical practicum methodology and the use of puppetry in the literacy classroom. She is dedicated to preparing teacher candidates to meet the diverse needs of students, to understand the complexities of poverty, to enact culturally responsive assessment based instruction, and to recognize the power of the arts for empowering students to become life long learners.
- Peck, S.M. (2010) Lessons from an award winning urban elementary school. The Reading Teacher, International Reading Association. 65 (5) pp.394-403.
- Peck, S.M. (2010) Puppetry on Broadway: Recognizing the Tradition, chapter in Encyclopedia of Broadway and American Culture, Thomas Greenfield (Ed.), Greenwood Publishing.
- Peck, S.M. (2009) Preparing Literacy Teachers to Meet the Needs of Diverse Students: Lessons from Urban Literacy Clinics Chapter in: Evidence-Based Quality Literacy Tutoring Programs: What Works and Why, Janet Richards and Cynthia Lassonde, Editors , International Reading Association, Newark,DE.
- Pitcher, S., Albright, L.K., DeLaney, C.J., Walker, N.T.,Seunarinesingh, K., Mogge, S. Headley, K.N., Victoria Gentry Ridgeway, V., Peck, S.M., Hunt, R., Dunston, P.J. (2007) Assessing Adolescents’ Motivation to Read. Journal of Literacy Research v50 n5 p378-396.
- Peck, S. M., Virkler, A., (2006) Reading in the Shadows: Extending literacy skills through shadow puppet theatre The Reading Teacher, International Reading Association. 59 (8) pg. 786-796.
- Dickson, I., Peck, S., & Webster, S. (2005) The Power of Language: Recreating a School Community . Fieldwork, V XIII, (3). Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound Review.
- Peck, S.M. (2005). Puppet Power: A Discussion of How Puppetry Supports and Enhances Reading Instruction Book Chapter in Puppets in Education and Therapy: Unlocking Doors to the Mind.
- Peck, S.M. (2002). “I do have this right. You can’t strip that from me:” Valuing teachers’ knowledge during literacy instructional change. 51st Yearbook of the National Reading Conference. (Juried).
- North East Regional Director, Puppeteers of America
- Reviewer, Auditor, NCATE/IRA
- Reviewer: The Reading Teacher, Journal of Literacy Research, Networks
- League for Advancement of New England Storytelling