- Ph.D., Measurement & Assessment, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.Ed., Mathematics Education, University of Delaware
- B.A., Mathematics, University of Delaware
I am currently working on a National Science Foundation MSP-Start Program Grant, The Power of Physical Science (POPS)
(with K. Fletcher, A. Sheldon, and D. Farthing); we are in the process of preparing a follow up to this grant through the NSF. These grants are designed to get girls interested in pursuing the physical sciences as college majors and career choices.
Publications and Professional Activities
- Fletcher, K., Rommel-Esham, K., Farthing, D. & Sheldon, A. (2011). Generating Excitement - Transfer of Energy. To appear in Science Scope.
- Rommel-Esham, K. (2008). How many lefties in our classroom? Science Scope, 32(1).
- Rommel-Esham, K. (2005). Do you see what I see? An artful approach to investigating science process skills. Science and Children 43(1).
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Science Teachers Association
- Association of Mathematics Teachers of New York State