- Ph.D., Measurement & Assessment, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.Ed., Mathematics Education, University of Delaware
- B.A., Mathematics, University of Delaware
I am currently working on a National Science Foundation MSP-Start Program Grant, The Power of Physical Science (POPS)
(with K. Fletcher, A. Sheldon, and D. Farthing); we are in the process of preparing a follow up to this grant through the NSF. These grants are designed to get girls interested in pursuing the physical sciences as college majors and career choices.
- Fletcher, K., Rommel-Esham, K., Farthing, D. & Sheldon, A. (2011). Generating Excitement - Transfer of Energy. To appear in Science Scope.
- Rommel-Esham, K. (2008). How many lefties in our classroom? Science Scope, 32(1).
- Rommel-Esham, K. (2005). Do you see what I see? An artful approach to investigating science process skills. Science and Children 43(1).
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Science Teachers Association
- Association of Mathematics Teachers of New York State