Feb. 09, 2012
The stained glass window in Brodie Hall. /FILE PHOTO
Geneseo is collaborating with Rochester-area art galleries and museums to host exhibitions through March focused on the theme of "Thaw" to usher in the warmer days of spring.
Each gallery or museum is culling its own artists from around the country or region to illustrate the theme and explore a diversity of artistic expressions and media while displaying the richness of the Rochester region's gallery, museum and cultural spaces.
Upcoming "Thaw" exhibitions at Geneseo are:
Other exhibits at participating museums and art galleries include:
- Hungerford Artists Building (1115 E. Main St., Rochester): Crocus Clay Works of Michael Carlson
- Studio 34 Creative Arts Center and Gallery (34 Elton St., Rochester): Faculty and student exhibit through April 1. Opening reception Feb. 3, 6 to 8 p.m. Tours, demonstrations of glass blowing and powder metallurgy.
- Genesee Pottery and the Firehouse Gallery (713 Monroe Ave., Rochester): "Thaw: Seconds from the Flame." Opening reception: Feb. 3 at 6 p.m.
- Hungerford Artists Building (1115 E. Main St., Rochester): Crocus Clay Works: Anti Freeze@Crocus.
- Hungerford Artists Building (1115 E. Main St., Rochester): Flux2 (March 3 through 10). Opening reception: March 3, 6 - 9 p.m. Saturday hours: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Equal=Grounds Gallery (750 South Ave., Rochester): "MUG SHOTS 2012" Opening reception: March 3, 7 to 9 p.m.