- Ph.D., UCLA
- M.A., UCLA
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
Asian American film and video
Race and Representation
Avant Garde Film
Popular cinemas of Hong Kong and Japan
Video Art and Technologies of the Moving Image
Publications and Professional Activities
- Book Manuscript in Progress: Making Asian American Media: Institutional Frameworks, Material Conditions and the Production of Identity
- “’Noble and Uplifting and Boring as Hell’: Asian American Film and Video, 1972-1982,” Cinema
Journal 49, no. 1, (Winter 2009).
- “Forfaiture: Photogénie, Race, and Homoerotic Homage in the French Remake of The Cheat,” Quarterly Review of Film and Video 25:5 (2008): 368-381.
- “The PBS and NAATA Connection: Comparing the Public Spheres of Asian American Film and
Video,” The Velvet Light Trap 55 (Spring 2005): 39-51.