- Ph.D., UCLA
- M.A., UCLA
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
Asian American film and video
Race and Representation
Avant Garde Film
Popular cinemas of Hong Kong and Japan
Video Art and Technologies of the Moving Image
- Book Manuscript in Progress: Making Asian American Media: Institutional Frameworks, Material Conditions and the Production of Identity
- “’Noble and Uplifting and Boring as Hell’: Asian American Film and Video, 1972-1982,” Cinema
Journal 49, no. 1, (Winter 2009).
- “Forfaiture: Photogénie, Race, and Homoerotic Homage in the French Remake of The Cheat,” Quarterly Review of Film and Video 25:5 (2008): 368-381.
- “The PBS and NAATA Connection: Comparing the Public Spheres of Asian American Film and
Video,” The Velvet Light Trap 55 (Spring 2005): 39-51.