- M.S. Ed., Elementary Education - SUNY Geneseo, 1983
- B.SEd., SUNY College at Buffalo, 1977
LOTE Curriculum Design, Teaching Culture, Technology Integration
Publications and Professional Activities
- "Cultural Perspective in the Language Classroom: Providing A Meaningful Context for Communication" with Jean LeLoup (SUNY Cortland) and Robert Ponterio (SUNY Cordland) NYSAFLT Journal, Winter, 2010, Vol. 61. No. 3, pp 11-36
- “In Praise of the NYS LOTE Proficiency Exam” NYSAFLT Journal, Fall, 2005, Vol. 56, No. 3 , pp 19-20.
- “Languages Other Than English and Middle School Education: A Perfect Match” NYSAFLT Journal, Fall 2003, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp 2-4.
- “The Impact of Certification Changes for K-12 LOTE Instruction.” NYSAFLT Journal, Spring 2002, Vol. 53, No. 2, pp 20-21.
- "Developing a Standards-based Local Curriculum Guide" in Willard Heller, Ed. From ABC to PhD ~ Foreign Language Proficiency for All. NYSAFLT Annual Meeting Series, No. 17, 2000
- "Creating a Culture Curriculum." in Anita J. Vogely, Ed. Foreign Languages On the Threshold of Tomorrow. NYSAFLT Annual Meeting Series, No. 16, 1999: pp 39-46
- "Integrating Technology in the Language Classroom: A Common-Sense Approach." in En Español 1 - Teacher's Edition. Evanston, IL: McDougal-Littell, 2000. pp T56-T58.
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language (ACTFL)
- Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foregin Language (NECTFL)
- New York Association of Foreign Language Teachers (NYSAFLT)
- Western New York Foreign Language Educators Council (WNYFLEC)