Foreign Language Residences
La Maison Française and La Residencia Hispana are Special Interest Housing residences sponsored by SUNY Geneseo's Residence Life and the Department of Languages and Literatures. They provide undergraduate students who have a major, minor, or concentration in French and/or Spanish the opportunity of living with others who are interested in a foreign-language immersion experience. These residences offer SUNY Geneseo students:
| || |
- A French- and/or Spanish-language immersion experience housed on one floor of Ontario Hall where French and/or Spanish are the main means of communication;
- An environment where activities are geared towards fostering your knowledge of the cultures associated with the French- and Spanish-speaking worlds;
- Teaching Assistants that are native French and/or Spanish speakers to model correct grammar and pronunciation;
- A cooperative experience where students of all skill levels share the same goal: to improve their proficiency in these foreign languages.
To enter La Maison or La Residencia, students, like all other SUNY Geneseo student housing applicants, must complete the standard Residence Life application, pay their house deposit to Residence Housing, and complete, sign and return to the Department of Languages and Literatures (Welles 211) the following two documents:
1) Application Form; and
2) Agreement Form - The Residencia’s house rules, and your pledge to abide by them, as well as your commitment to help organize the residences' cultural activities.
If you have questions, please email Dr. McEwen or call the Department of Languages and Literatures at 585 245-5247.