The LLB Galleries at SUNY Geneseo are pleased to announce the first juried exhibition for alumni of the college. Whether you were an art major, minor or became an artist later, the director encourages you to submit original artwork that was created in the last two years to be considered for exhibition. All artwork must be framed if applicable, if submitting metal work (jewelry) risers should be included.
Exhibition dates: September 21 – October 20, 2012
Reception date: Friday, September 21, 5 – 7.
· Media: All media will be considered including ceramic, reliefs and sculpture, oil, watercolor, prints, drawings, photographs, digital photographs.
· Shipping is the responsibility of the artist. Accepted artwork must have prepaid return shipping label(s).
· Size: 2D framed works must not exceed 30” x 40” and 3D work must not 24”x 24” x 12”. Artwork accepted for exhibition must be framed and ready to hang. Art that is not ready to install will not be installed.
Submission Deadline: August 22, 2012
In the Subject line of all correspondence: Alumniexh12
· Email three (300ppi) images of your submissions to llbgalleries.geneseo.edu/alumniexh12 with a submission fee of $35.
· You may submit two additional images for an additional $15. The total that can be submitted is 5 images for $50.
· Submit fee to: https://go.geneseo.edu/Alumniexh12 and click on Geneseo's Commerce Manager at the bottom of the page.
· Then Email jpeg digital images (300ppi) in the following format using your
last name and first name to:
Image labeling: lastname_firstname1; lastname_firstname2; lastname_firstname3; lastname_firstname4; lastname_firstname5.
Artists will be notified by email if accepted into exhibition by August 29, 2012.
Artist must include with accepted artwork a completed loan agreement, artist statement and resume or bio.
Deadline for receipt of artwork is September 14, 2012.
Send artwork to:
Lockhart Gallery @
Bertha V.B. Lederer Gallery
1 College Circle, Brodie Hall 232
Geneseo, NY 14454
About the Lederer, Lockhart and Bridge Galleries and
The State University of New York at Geneseo
The Bertha V.B. Lederer Gallery in William A. Brodie Hall and the Lockhart Gallery on Main Street present both contemporary and historic rotating exhibitions, including works by local, regional and national artists, and by faculty and student artists. The Bridge Gallery, a unique space bridging two wings of Brodie Hall, exhibits student work.
Geneseo's tradition of interweaving liberal and professional education began in 1867, when the state legislature passed an act authorizing the location of a "normal" (or teacher training) school in the community. In 1871, Geneseo welcomed its first students to the Wadsworth Normal and Training School, offering instruction to would-be teachers. Geneseo became an official campus of the State University of New York in 1948. Geneseo now enrolls more than 5,000 students in 54 undergraduate and three graduate programs. The college is located in Geneseo, N.Y., about 30 minutes south of Rochester, N.Y., 90 minutes west of Syracuse and 60 minutes east of Buffalo.