Any student, faculty, or staff member can sign up for any event until the deadline for that event or the event is full. Sign up for any event online at www.geneseo.edu/intramurals or pick up registration forms for all intramural leagues, tournaments, special events, and off campus trips at the Merritt Athletic Center in room 110. Complete the form and return it to the same office with the entry fee by the due date for the event that you would like to participate in.
The Intramural Staff will assign a team name if the captain signs their team up without a team name or an inappropriate name. A team's name must not be offensive to any groups or individuals in any manner. College policy prohibits the use of obscene or derogatory team names. Team names will be changed by the Intramural staff if deemed inappropriate.
A $5.00 penalty for teams who do not send a
representative to the meeting. The captain meetings are held to inform
intramural participants of the rules of the game, hand out schedules, introduce
employees of the department, and answer any questions.
· Enter the desired sport, in which your team would like to participate, by the deadline and pay all fees that are required.
· Must be present or have a team member at all captain and playoff meetings called by a supervisor or the intramural director. If you do not attend these meetings, your team will be ineligible to play until you have met with the intramural director by appointment.
· Learn the rules of the game that your team is participating in. Make sure that all teammates are taught the rules. This is your responsibility as a captain.
· The captain will tell all team members on the roster where and when each game will be held in order to avoid a forfeit.
· A person is eligible to participate in all Intramural Sports that the department offers if they have a current SUNY Geneseo I.D. card.
· An athlete on a varsity team sport at SUNY Geneseo cannot participate on an intramural team during their sport's season.
· Only 2 varsity athletes are able to participate on 1 team that they are playing competitively for Geneseo athletics.
· A participant in an intramural league or tournament must be listed on a team's roster form before being allowed to participate.
person may only be on one roster for each intramural league. The only exception
to the rule is when a person plays on a co-ed and one women or men's team in
the same intramural sport. The team with the ineligible player will receive a
forfeit and the opponent will receive a win.
The intramural staff will not tolerate unsportsmanlike behavior, i.e.: arguing with officials, taunting opponents, excessive physical contact. A player will be immediately ejected for any attempt to punch, kick, or shove an opponent. Any player who is ejected from an intramural game will face a minimum of a one game suspension from league. The player is suspended from play until he or she meets with the intramural director to discuss the incident. An ejected player must leave the premises of the intramural game immediately. If the player does not comply, the game will be forfeited with their team receiving a loss.
Consumption of alcohol by any player or spectator is prohibited. Disciplinary action will take place against anyone who violates this policy. Improper conduct in violation of the "Student Code of Conduct" will be subject to judicial review. A player will be ejected from the game and will not play the rest of the intramural season. A team will be penalized if spectators who are supporting them break this policy.
member of the championship team from the original roster will receive an
intramural championship t -shirt. A group photo of the team will be taken after
the championship game and placed on the SUNY Geneseo intramural website and