Starting March 4th, 2014, all first year students and seniors will receive an email inviting them to participate in the NSSE. The college and the administration use this information to try to improve student life and the college curriculum so please take the time to respond if you receive an invitation.
This is our 7th time participating in the NSSE. We participated in 2002, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010 & 2012. Here are some examples of how the results have been used at Geneseo:
- The creation of the Real World Geneseo program
- The work of the Diversity Commission
- Creation of student learning outcomes for English and Psychology departments
- Performance indicators for the Strategic Planning Group
What does the NSSE ask?
- Questions about experiences & activities, relationships, the institutional environment & demographic questions.
- It assesses students’ involvement in their education and their school and what types of experiences school are providing.
- Evaluates students’ educational experience, the aspects of campus life offered, students’ participation in campus life activities, and diversity issues and understanding.
- Areas of active and collaborative learning.
- Evaluate its enriching educational experiences, such as practicum experience, internships, study abroad offerings, field experience, student teaching, etc.
For more information check out the NSSE website or if you have any questions about the NSSE survey, please contact Institutional Research in Erwin 221, ext 5553, or at firstname.lastname@example.org