INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST
The Institutional Research (IR) Analyst will
work under the general supervision of the Director of Institutional Research to complete internal and external requests for information, submit required state,
federal, and publisher’s surveys, assist in the collection of survey data, i.e.
NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement), SOS (Student Opinion Survey), and prepare
and analyze data files.
- Prepare responses to external reporting surveys,
including federal, state, and publishers’s requests for information.
- Load test score information into the College’s
Banner database for GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and NYSTCE (New York State Teacher Certification Exam)
scores. Work with CIT (Computing and
Information Technology) to develop reports using this data.
- Create semester reporting SPSS files
based on data submitted to SUNY.
- Assist in the maintanence and production
of the College’s Fact Book, Fact Sheet and other internal publication.
- Assist in maintaining the Office’s
website and wiki space, adding reports as they become available, keeping
information up to date.
- Oversee administration of various
student surveys such as NSSE, SOS, Geneseo’s Senior Survey, and Entering Student Survey.
- Direct and verify work products of office’s student assistants.
- Assist the Accreditation Coordinator and
Director by analyzing and preparing data for presentation/dissemination.
- Assist in developing written procedures
for office reports and surveys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in a social science, applied statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- Three years of work experience in a job that combines data file preparation and data cleaning with analysis.
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills.
with SPSS, SAS, R programming, or other data analytics software;
preference will be given to candidates with SPSS knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Work experience in higher education, with preference given to experience working in Institutional Research or Effectiveness.
- Experience using relational databases and query tools.
- Education and/or experience in information systems management.
- Knowledge of Banner software.
- Expertise in the use of Excel to present data.
Position is a
12-month, part time position, with initial 1 year contract renewable;
salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a
benefits eligible position.
apply, submit an online professional application at https://jobs.geneseo.edu
and attach a cover letter, resume and contact information for three
professional references. All applicants are subject to drug and criminal
SUNY Geneseo is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Access Employer committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. The College actively seeks applications from women and members of all underrepresented groups.