See additional options.
The mission of SUNY Geneseo Milne Library is to connect the College community to information, ideas, and works of imagination. To support the College as a center of excellence in undergraduate education, we provide instruction and expertise in the organization, evaluation, and use of information resources. We strive to create an intellectual environment that promotes the search for knowledge and a passion for lifelong learning.
Milne Library is named after Dr. William J. Milne, who was the first Principal of the Geneseo Normal School from 1871 to 1889, and his brother, Dr. John M. Milne, who was Principal from 1889 to 1903. Milne Library was completed and occupied in 1966.
In addition to Milne, the library maintains Fraser Study Center, located on the top floor of Fraser Hall. The Fraser Study Center houses a variety of study environments for students, as well as the library’s Government Documents collection and a closed storage area for periodicals. Retrieval from Fraser Study Center is available through Milne Library’s Information Delivery Services’ online request form.
Fraser Hall is named after Bertha Paine Fraser, who was one of the first two women appointed to Geneseo Normal School's Board of Visitors. Fraser was the College's main library from 1956 to 1966, and housed the School of Library and Information Science from 1965 to 1983. Fraser Hall also housed the Business Library until the late 1990s, when the collection moved to Milne.