Live Green Day is approaching quickly! SUNY Geneseo and Livingston County are focusing attention on environmental and energy issues. Several departments, student groups and environmental organizations have planned activities and programs designed to inform and educate the campus community on creating a sustainable future through conservation and green initiatives. For this year's event, we are concentrating on issues surrounding consumption.
Live Green Day Expo and Keynote speaker are scheduled for Wednesday, February 9.
Live Green Swap & Drop Shop in the College Union runs Friday, February 4, 2011 - Thursday, February 10.
For those who are unfamiliar with swap shops, this is an opportunity to donate unwanted gently used clothing and household items. Participants are given the opportunity to go through the donated items and can take whatever they want. All remaining items from the Swap & Drop Shop will be donated to the Goodwill in Geneseo.
Swap & Drop Shop Rules:
- All items taken to swap must be clean and in good condition.
- Bring more than you plan to take back at a swap - this will ensure that there is a good selection and left over items to be donated to charity.
- There are no guarantees, stated or implied, that anyone will receive anything at a swap in exchange for the items they bring. There is no guarantee that you will find something you like and want to take in exchange for what you brought.
- There is no guarantee that you will receive any item at a swap. If you see an item you like but someone else picks it up first - you have no claim to it.
- HAVE FUN. Tell your friends about the swap and spread the word - the more people who know about the events and can participate, the better it is for everyone.