This Wednesday, March 13 at 2:30 p.m., Geneseo will host alumnus Sean Gavin '05 for the
All-College Hour Speaker Series in the MacVittie College Union Ballroom. Gavin's talk is titled "Never Be
Outward," aligning with SUNY Geneseo's commitment to excellence. A light reception will begin at 2:15 p.m. in the MacVittie College Union Ballroom.
For more than seven years, Gavin has worked on numerous political
campaigns and on Capitol Hill in both the US Senate and the House
of Representatives. In 2012, he managed United States Senator
Kirsten E. Gillibrand’s successful re-election in which she
received 72% of the vote - the largest percentage ever obtained in
New York State history. He has
been recognized by City & State, the Irish Echo, and the San
Francisco Chronicle for his campaign accomplishments.
The All-College Hour Speaker Series is a campus initiative that supports the College mission and embodies the principles of "The Bringing Theory to Practice Project." It aims to provide opportunities for the campus community to come together and engage in learning that promotes cognitive, emotional, and civic development. The topics of the series are intended to challenge thinking, spur self-reflection, encourage civil discourse, and promote social responsibility.
The All-College Hour Speaker Series is organized by Milne Library and the MacVittie College Union and sponsored by the college's Division of Student and Campus Life and Academic Affairs.
All-College Hour Speaker Series Selection Committee:
- Anne Eisenberg, Associate Professor of Sociology
- Jordan Kleiman, Associate Professor of History
- Melinda DuBois, Administrator Director Of Student Health And Counseling
- Dara Gell, Student Association Director of Academic Affairs
- Cyril Oberlander, Library Director
- Tracy Paradis, Reference Instruction Librarian
- Michelle Walsh, Associate Athletic Director
- Chip Matthews, Director of College Union & Activities