- Ph.D. in Statistics, Western Michigan University, 2012
- M.A., Western Michigan University, 2008
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Western Michigan University, 2006-2012
- Mathematics Teacher in Secondary Schools, 1998-2006
Modeling, estimation, prediction and testing in hierarchical designs using nonparametric and robust methods: rank-based theory, rank-based statistical modeling. Stat&Probability Education. I welcome any collaboration in projects and grants as a statistician or stat educator.
Publications and Professional Activities
- Bilgic Y. K., Susmann H. 2013. rlme: R Package for Random Effects Nested Models. The R Journal Vol. 5/2, December.
- Bilgic, Y. K. Rank-Based Estimation and Prediction for Mixed Effects Models in Nested Designs. Ph.D. Thesis. 2012. WMU.
- Abebe A., McKean J. W., Kloke J. D., Bilgic Y. K. 2015. Iterated Reweighted Rank-Based Estimates for GEE Models. In progress.
- Jon D. Davis, Dustin O. Smith, Abhik R. Roy, Yusuf K. Bilgic, Reasoning-and-proving in algebra: The case of two reform-oriented U.S. textbooks, International Journal of Educational Research, Available online 1 August 2013, ISSN 0883-0355, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2013.06.012.
- C. Bradley, C. H. DeBose, J. T. Terpstra, and Y. K. Bilgic. Post Adoption Services Utilization among African American, Transracial and White American parents: Counseling and Legal implications. The Family Journal October 2012 vol. 20 no. 4 392-398.
- Bilgic Y. K. and McKean J. W. Generalized Rank-Based Method for Mixed Effects Models in Three-Level Nested Designs. In progress.