- Ph.D. in Statistics, Western Michigan University, 2012
- M.A., Western Michigan University, 2008
- B.A., Marmara University, 1998
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Western Michigan University, 2006-2012
- Mathematics Teacher in Secondary Schools, 1998-2006
Modeling, estimation, prediction and testing in hierarchical designs using nonparametric methods: rank-based theory, rank-based statistical modeling of hierarchical designs, specifically nested designs.
Also, I am seeking any collaboration in projects and grants, and in applied data analysis in social, behavioral and educational research as a statistician.
- Bilgic Y. K., Susmann H, 2013. rlme: R Package for Random Effects Nested Models. Submitted to The R Journal
- Bilgic, Y. K. Rank-Based Estimation and Prediction for Mixed Effects Models in Nested Designs. Ph.D. Thesis. 2012. WMU.
- Abebe A., McKean J. W., Kloke J. D., Bilgic Y.K., 2013. Iterated Reweighted Rank-Based Estimates for GEE Models. Submitted.
- J. D. Davis, D. O. Smith, A. R. Roy, and Y. K. Bilgic. Reasoning-and-Proving in Algebra: The Case of Two Reform-Oriented U.S. Textbooks. IJER. 2012.
- C. Bradley, C. H. DeBose, J. T. Terpstra, and Y. K. Bilgic. Post Adoption Services Utilization among African American, Transracial and White American parents: Counseling and Legal implications. Journal of Counseling and Development. October, 2012.
- Bilgic Y. K. and McKean J. W. Generalized Rank-Based Method for Mixed Effects Models in Three-Level Nested Designs. To be submitted.