- B.A., B.S., M.A., Ph.D., University of Delaware
Differential Equations and
Publications and Professional Activities
- B.F. Esham, Jr. and Richard J. Weinacht, Limitations of the Coupled/Quasi-Static Approximation in Multi-Dimensional Linear Thermoelasticity, Applicable Analysis, 1999, Vol. 73(1-2), pp.77-87.
- R.J. Weinacht and B.F. Esham, Jr., Energy Estimates in Thermoelasticity (259-268), in Non-linear Problems in Applied Mathematics (in honor of Ivar Stakgold on his 70th Birthday), Edited by T.S. Angell, L. Pamela Cook, R.E. Kleinman and W.E. Olmstead, SIAM, Philadelphia, 1996.
- Benjamin F. Esham, Jr., A Singularly Perturbed Second Order Evolution Equation with Nonlocal Nonlinearity, Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, 1987, Vol 9, pp. 969-986.
- Esham, Benjamin F., Jr. and Yanik, Elizabeth Greenwell, Galerkin Methods for a Singularly Perturbed Hyperbolic Problem with Nonlocal Nonlinearity. Comput. Math. Appl. 22 (1991), no. 2, pp. 1–22.
- Esham, B. F. and Weinacht, R. J., Singular Perturbations and the Coupled/quasi-static Approximation in Linear Thermoelasticity. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 25 (1994), no. 6, 1521–1536
- Esham, B. F., Jr. and Weinacht, R. J., Boundary Conditions for Viscoelastic Flows. Rend. Mat. Appl. (7) 10 (1990), no. 3, 623–632.
- Esham, Benjamin F., Jr., A Hyperbolic Singular Perturbation of Burgers' Equation, Math. Methods Appl. Sci. 12 (1990), no. 1, 77–90.
- Esham, Benjamin F., Jr. and Weinacht, Richard J., Hyperbolic-Parabolic Singular Perturbations for Quasilinear Equations. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 20 (1989), no. 6, 1344–1365.
- Esham, B. F., Jr. and Weinacht, R. J., Hyperbolic-Parabolic Singular Perturbations for Scalar Nonlinearities. Appl. Anal. 29 (1988), no. 1-2, 19–44.
- Esham, Benjamin F., Jr. Asymptotics and an asymptotic Galerkin method for hyperbolic-parabolic singular perturbation problems. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 18 (1987), no. 3, 762–776.