- B.S., SUNY Buffalo; 2003
- M.S.Ed., SUNY Buffalo; 2007
- Ph.D., University at Buffalo; 2014
- Assistant Professor: SUNY Geneseo, 2014-Present
- Mathematics Instructor: Depew High School, 2003-2014
- Mathematics Instructor: University at Buffalo Gifted Math Program, 2009-2010
Social metacognition in group processes of students,
Geometric reasoning, and
Publications and Professional Activities
- Chiu, M. M., McDougall, E. K., Nagle, C. R. & Pawlikowski, M. J. (revising). Prerequisite Knowledge for Building Introductory Limit Notions. Journal for Research in Mathematics.
- Pawlikowski, M. J. (2014). Effects of social metacognition on geometric reasoning and micro-creativity: Groups of students constructing proofs. (Doctoral dissertation).
- Chiu, M. M., & Pawlikowski, M. J. (2013). Headstart. In L. Ganong and M. Coleman’s (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Social History of American Families.
- Chiu, M. M., & Pawlikowski, M. J. (2013). Social metacognition and micro-creativity. In E. G. Carayannis’s (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Creativity, Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship.
- Association of Mathematics Teachers of New York State (AMTNYS)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)