Department of Music:
*Within each subject, scholarships and awards are listed in ascending order of class (freshmen through graduating seniors)*
- Department of Music Merit Scholarships are awarded independent of financial need.
- They are granted to both prospective and
continuing students who demonstrate exceptional talent, artistic and
academic achievement, and potential for growth.
- Merit Scholarships may be renewed depending on the
specifications of each scholarship.
scholarships are credited toward tuition.
- Performing Arts Awards, separate from scholarships, are also
granted independent of financial need.
are paid directly to graduating students chosen on the basis of
exceptional talent and demonstrated achievement at Geneseo.
- All prospective students who, following an audition/interview
taken prior to March 1, are admitted to the Department of Music and meet
the qualifications for any of the scholarships listed will automatically
- Prospective students
who are offered a scholarship will be notified shortly after April 1 and
must accept their awards and admission to the college no later than May
- Continuing students will be
notified of their awards shortly after May 1.
- Audition/interview requirements for scholarships, which may be
described below, are explained in detail in a brochure Interviews and
Auditions at Geneseo. For further information, or to schedule an
audition, write to:
Department of Music
1 College Circle
(585) 245-5824 any business day during the hours 8:30 to 12 noon, or
Music Scholarships and Awards
- Wilbur H.,
Florence, and Lucille Wright Endowed Scholarship in Music
- $600. available biennially (even years) to a freshman Music
Major who plans to teach
J. Roemer Endowed Scholarship in Vocal Music
- $1000. to a freshman Music Major in the Performance
- Friends of Music
Scholarships in Music
- $500. - $1000.
scholarships to Music Majors in the Performance Option
- Robert and Jeanette McClellan Endowed Scholarships in Music
- $500.- $1000. scholarships to Music Majors in the Performance
- Hubert and Gertrude
Chanler Endowed Scholarships in Music
$1000. and 1 $500. scholarships to Music Majors in the Performance
- Friends of Music Award in
- $500. to a graduating senior for
academic excellence and service to music
Musical Theatre Scholarships and Awards
M. Houston Memorial Scholarship in Musical Theatre
- $500. to a continuing student with outstanding interest and
potential in Musical Theatre
Hanson Memorial Award in Musical Theatre
to a graduating senior for outstanding service in Musical Theatre