Department of Music:
- Group meetings and auditions are publicized on campus.
- Student representatives to Department of Music committees are elected annually from student organizations as follows:
- Student Music Association represents Music majors and minors
- Musical Theatre Club represents Musical Theatre majors and minors.
Hips 'N Harmony
Musical Theatre Club
Advisor: Melanie Blood
- This organization is open to any student interested in musical theatre.
- The club is a co-sponser for the main stage musical presented each Fall, as well as producer of the Musical Theatre Repertory Company, which presents a musical revue each semester.
- Student-directed musicals may also be sponsered by the club.
- MTC meets Mondays at 5 PM in the Brodie Student Commons.
- Opportunities are available for performing, directing, staging or choreographing, as well as designing costumes, sets, or lights. Members of the club also present off-campus performances in schools, nursing homes, etc.
- The mission of the club is to encourage an interest in musicals and to develop performing and producing skills, as well as to aid in general cultural enrichment of the campus population and the community.
- Musical Theatre Club Web Site
Student Music Association
Advisor: Anne-Marie Reynolds
- Re-founded in 2006 by students interested in music, the Student Music Association's purpose is to bring in guest artists and guest speakers and to organize social events for Geneseo music students.
- The Student Music Association represent Music majors and minors in Department of Music committees.