What can I study?
Exchange students at SUNY Geneseo may enroll in any course for which they can demonstrate that they have done the equivalent pre-requisite course(s) and given that there are available seats in the course.
Ideally, you should begin exploring course possibilities at least 6-9 months before you plan to study at SUNY Geneseo. This will give you time to work with your home campus to determine whether and how courses will transfer back.
To begin browsing courses, please go to KnightWeb.
- Select a term (If the term and year you intend to come is not yet available, browse the course offerings for the most recently passed year of that term).
- Select a subject or multiple subjects.
- Click "Get Classes."
- You will see a list of all courses offered in that term for that subject. Click on the Course Number ("Crse") and click "View Catalog Entry" to read information about the course, including any pre-requisite requirements.
The official list of courses for a future semester is usually made available:
- Mid-October for the upcoming Spring semester
- Mid-March for the upcoming Fall semester
After being nominated for exchange by your home campus, all students will be required to submit a list of preferred and alternate courses on their online application. Once the official list of courses for your intended semester becomes available, you will use the KnightWeb system to find your preferred and alternate courses. Additonal instructions will be provided when you reach this point.
Please contact our office, by email at email@example.com or by calling us at +1-585-245-5546, if you require any assistance.