January 16—Residence Halls open for new students (9:00 a.m.)
January 21—First day of classes
January 27—Drop/Add period ends
January 27—Last day to withdraw from individual courses with full tuition refund
February 7—Last day to elect Pass/Fail
March 31—Course registration begins
March 17-21—Spring Break
March 28-30—Siblings Weekend
April 8—Annual G.R.E.A.T. Day—No classes
May 6—Last Day of Classes
May 7—Study Day
May 8-14—Final Exams
May 15—Residence Halls close for the semester (10:00 am)
- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on social and academic transitions students may encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Click here to view a copy of the YouBelong poster.
Spring 2014 Program Highlights:
YouBelong New Student Dinner
Thursday, January 23 | 5:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
A signature kickoff event for the YouBelong program series designed just for you! Come enjoy dinner, learn about the YouBelong series, and make connections with other transfer students. To sign up, click here.
Credit Transfer Tip Off
Tuesday, January 28 | 11:30am-12:30pm | MacVittie College Union Hunt Room (135)
Join a representative from the Office of the Dean of the College to learn the ins and outs of your academic career at SUNY Geneseo. Get the scoop on your credits and how to be a successful student as you transition to Geneseo. Bring your lunch!
Student Organization Expo.
Wednesday, January 29 | 2:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Here is your chance to get involved! Come and meet with student leaders of clubs and organizations that you can join. Get involved...make it count!
Study Abroad & Volunteer Fair
Wednesday, February 5 | 10:00am-3:00pm | MacVittie College Union Lobby & Ballroom
Interested in studying abroad? Looking for volunteer opportunities? Come learn about all of the international opportunities you can take advantage of through SUNY Geneseo. Additionally, representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Friday, February 7 | 2:30-3:30pm | MacVittie College Fireside Lounge (335)
You just transferred…are you wondering how to navigate Geneseo? Come to this informal session and chat with Geneseo students who have been through the transfer experience. They will share tips and advice to help ease your transition.
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Wednesday, March 26 | 3:30-4:30pm | MacVittie College Union Hunt Room (135)What classes will I take in the fall? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for advisement and course registration. Current students will be in attendance to share their tips and tricks for course registration.
Wednesday, April 8 | All Day | Various Locations, including MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Take part in “Geneseo Recognizing Excellence, Achievement & Talent” Day! GREAT Day is a college-wide symposium celebrating the creative and scholarly endeavors of our students. The purpose of GREAT Day is to help foster academic excellence, encourage professional development, and build connections within the community.