- About the Program:
- YouBelong is a series designed specifically for transfer students and focuses on the social and academic transitions students encounter during their first semester at Geneseo. The program series runs during the fall and spring semesters.
The YouBelong program series:
- Addresses the needs of transfer students by providing programs that address academic, social, and transitional issues.
- Provides information regarding locations of campus facilities, use of college offices and services, and other essential information through regular communication with transfer students
- Presents opportunities for transfer students to socialize and interact with other Geneseo students and develop academic and co-curricular interests through informational sessions and workshops.
- Provides individual guidance and support to all transfer students during the transition process.
Fall 2015 Program Highlights:
YouBelong Transfer Student Picnic
Sunday, August 30th | 1-3:00pm | South Village Volleyball Court (Rain location: Nassau Lounge)
A signature kickoff event for the YouBelong program series designed just for you! Grab a bite to eat and get a chance to meet other transfer students. *Pre-Registration is required to attend. Please click here to sign up.
Grab 'n' Go Breakfast
Wednesday, September 2nd | 8-10:30am | Erwin Hall 219
Stop by Erwin 219 for some essential breakfast and coffee on your way to class. Don’t forget to grab a free travel mug while you’re there!
Student Organization Expo Fair
Wednesday, September 16th | 2-4:00pm | Macvittie College Union Ballroom
Come and meet members of the 200+ clubs and organizations represented here at Geneseo. See what grabs your interest and get involved!
Wednesday, September 9 | 12:00-4:00pm | MacVittie College Union Ballroom
Interested in studying abroad? Looking for volunteer opportunities? Come learn about all of the international opportunities you can take advantage of through SUNY Geneseo. Additionally, representatives from college and community organizations will be present to recruit volunteers and talk about their programs and services.
Pre-Advisement Registration Program
Tuesday, October 27th | 4-5:00pm | Erwin Hall 219
What classes will I take in the fall? How do I schedule an appointment with my advisor? Attend this informal Q&A session with a representative from the Office of the Dean of the College who will walk you through the steps to prepare for the Spring 2016 advisement and registration process.