Geneseo's Six Big Ideas
In response to the budget crisis, President Dahl presented six creative initiatives as an extension to the College's strategic plan at an All-College Meeting on May 6, 2009 in the Alice Austin Theatre: 2009-2010 and Beyond: The Choices Before Us (pdf).
President Dahl presented Six Big Ideas: Going Forward at an All-College Meeting on May 12, 2010.
Six Big Ideas
- Bring Theory to Practice in order to promote transformational learning, integrate disparate efforts to achieve synergy, and guarantee that all students will have at least one high-impact learning experience during their careers at Geneseo.
- Create Innovative Five-Year Professional Programs in order to move to the cutting edge of best practice and reinforce our distinctive identity as a public liberal arts college.
- Expand Instructional Delivery through innovative approaches to summer courses, graduate education, and non-traditional time slots.
- Re-think the Course Load in order to create new alignments between teaching and learning.
- Create a Center for Collaborative Research in order to secure funding for undergraduate research, multidisciplinary research, rural economic development, physical science projects, and more.
- Create a Center for Strategic Community Partnerships in order to support internships; action-based community research; projects such as Microenterprise, Livingston/CARES, Geneseo/South Wedge Revitalization; and joint work with organizatons such as RCSD and the Small Business Development Center.