GENESEO, N.Y. -- SUNY Geneseo is celebrating the re-opening of Monroe Residence Hall Feb. 7 at 3 p.m. with a re-dedication ceremony in the lobby of the building. The event is open to the public.
Monroe has undergone a major renovation, which incorporated several important energy-saving features such as geothermal heating and cooling and rainwater harvesting. The sustainable renovation earned Monroe LEED (Leader in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification. Monroe opened in January and is now home to 160 students and staff.
Speaking at the re-dedicatiion will be
:• SUNY Geneseo President Christopher C. Dahl
• Jeff Adair, president of the Monroe County Legislature (Geneseo residence halls are all named after New York counties and Mr. Adair is representing Monroe County at the event.)
• Paul Koopman, senior director of construction for the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
• Dave Meyer, Pathfinder Engineering
• Michael Cooke, resident assistant in Monroe Hall
• Robert Bonfiglio, Geneseo's vice president for student and campus life