Provost's Task Force on Advising
1. Looking at the structure and organization of our system of student advisement from orientation through graduation.
2. Studying and evaluating best practice models of advisement at other institutions.
3. Convening focus groups and/or administering surveys to faculty, staff, and students to determine perceptions about advisement and solicit ideas for change.
4. Determining methods for assessing the effectiveness of advisement.
5. Describing what the current culture of advisement is from both a student and a faculty perspective.
6. Making recommendations to the Provost and Dean of the College for improving efficiency and the usefulness of advising.
Members of the Advisement Task Force
Bondi, Kerrie - Senior Career Counselor, Career Services
Bonfiglio, Robert - Vice President for Student and Campus Life
Condello, Stephanie - Undergraduate Student, Director of Academic Affairs, Student Association
Granger, David (Co-Chair) - Associate Professor, School of Education
Howard, Barbara - Assistant Dean, School of Business
Kline, Anna - Associate Director of Admissions
MacKenzie, Douglas - Associate Professor, Communicative Disorders and Sciences
McKeever, Kerry - Associate Dean of the College
Padalino, Stephen - Distinguished Teaching Professor, Physics and Astronomy
Pruszynski, Chris - Lecturer, Communication
Salmon, Susan - Assistant Professor, School of Education
Sheldon, Amy (Co-Chair) - Assistant Professor, Geological Sciences
Whitt, Morgan - Undergraduate Student