Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Meeting Expenses
The appropriateness of expenditures for meals at meetings shall be determined by the department head with subsequent approval by the Associate Vice President for Administration/Controller, or his designee, pursuant to these policies and procedures. The justification must include the following information:
- The purpose and necessity of the meeting including an explanation at to why it could not be held during normal working hours;
- The specific nature of the State business being conducted;
- The location of the meeting;
- The number of participants, including names and titles and their relationship to the business being conducted; and
- The cost of the meal.
The Associate Vice President for Administration/Controller, or designee, is responsible for determining the following:
- The meeting is of a benefit to the College;
- The cost of the meal is reasonable;
- Proper College personnel are attending;
- Alcoholic beverages are not included in the cost; and
- Appropriate adjustments in the per diems are made for the individuals in travel status receiving meal allowances.
The approved justification as described above must accompany the purchase requisition when submitted to the Purchasing Department for processing.