Commencement Housing in
Onondaga Residence Hall
SUNY Geneseo offers convenient, inexpensive housing for visitors who need to stay on campus for the 2014 Commencement ceremony.
Commencement housing is available for Friday, May 16 and Saturday May 17, 2014 in Onondaga Hall. The cost of this housing is $40 per night, per room.
Payment is by credit card only, through the links below.
The Commencement Housing Store is now open click here or http://go.geneseo.edu/commencement_housing!
Refund requests can be made here. No refunds will be processed after May 7, 2014.
Information about Onondaga Hall:
Onondaga Hall is a corridor-style residence hall in Geneseo's South Village.
- Each room includes two twin beds, dressers, and desks.
- Visitors must bring their own bed linens and towels.
- Each corridor has separate bathroom facilities for men and women (visitors may share bedrooms regardless of gender).
- Rooms are not air conditioned.
- Guests receive keys to their rooms; they must return their keys when they check out (a key drop will be available).
- Guests who fail to return a room key will be charged $40; guests who return keys late (after May 18) will be charged $20.
- Exterior doors in Onondaga Hall will be open during the day and monitored by residential staff in the evenings.
- Parking is plentiful around Onondaga Hall, and it is a short walk to Commencement ceremonies in the Merritt Athletic Building.
- Click HERE for an interactive campus map of Onondaga Hall and the Merritt Athletic Center.
Check in / Check out:
- Check-in at the Onondaga Hall main lounge begins at 12:00 noon on Friday.
- Friday-only guests must check out by 5:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Saturday guests must check out by 12:00 noon on Sunday.
Information for reserving and paying for Commencement housing in Onondaga Residence Hall:
SUNY Geneseo's secure e-commerce site will need the following information from you:
- Name(s) of guests.
- Name of graduating student.
- Contact email for guests.
- Contact phone number for guests (cellphone preferred).
- Credit card information, including card number and expiration date, name on card, address of card-holder, and phone number of card-holder.
- Number of rooms needed and reservation dates. These are the options:
- Friday May 16, 2014 ($40 per reservation)
- Saturday May 17, 2014 ($40 per reservation)
- Friday May 16 and Saturday May 17, 2014 ($80 per reservation)
Because our e-commerce system cannot process quantities of a single product, if you need more than one room, please buy a "package" of rooms, as indicated in the following list.
- 1 Room, 1 Night ($40)
- 1 Room, 2 Nights ($80)
- 2 Rooms, 1 Night ($80)
- 2 Rooms, 2 Nights ($160)
- 3 Rooms, 1 Night ($120)
- 3 Rooms, 2 Nights ($240)
- 4 Rooms, 1 Night ($160)
- 4 Rooms, 2 Nights ($320)
You will receive a confirmation of your reservation through the email address you provide. If you have special needs that need accommodation, please call the Residence Life office at 585 245-5726.