Vision for the outcomes:
- SUNY Geneseo students will assume responsibility for their own intellectual and social development.
- SUNY Geneseo students will take full advantage of the opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom to learn from every member of the Geneseo community.
- The staff of the Division of Student and Campus Life will advocate for the rights and responsibilities of students.
- SUNY Geneseo students will successfully complete the transition to college life.
- SUNY Geneseo students will successfully prepare for post-graduate educational and occupational opportunities.
- SUNY Geneseo students will become more fully self-aware.
- SUNY Geneseo students will grow in their social and communication skills as evidenced by their ability to live and work collaboratively with others, engage in respectful relationships, and assume shared responsibility for the common good.
- SUNY Geneseo students will develop a personal value system consistent with the ideals of ethical citizenship.
- SUNY Geneseo students will develop leadership skills, and apply them in both the collegiate setting and their communities upon graduation from Geneseo.
- SUNY Geneseo students will develop an understanding of the global nature of our society and the interdependency of all people, and will demonstrate appreciation of the similarities and differences we all embody.
- SUNY Geneseo students will develop habits consistent with a healthy lifestyle.
- SUNY Geneseo students will develop an interest in and an appreciation of the fine and performing arts.
- SUNY Geneseo students will contribute to and help maintain sustainable communities, on campus and beyond.
- SUNY Geneseo students will reflect on and celebrate their undergraduate experience, and connect it in a meaningful way to their post-college life.
Learning Outcome #10 is adapted from ACPA’s guide for Sustainability in Higher Education
Learning Outcome #11 developed for “Life After Geneseo,” 2012