- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- M.S. University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- B.S. College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- Associate Professor, SUNY-Geneseo, Geneseo, NY (2010-)
- Assistant Professor, SUNY-Geneseo, Geneseo, NY (2004-2010)
Tectonics of Idaho and the Caribbean; Strain Analysis; Vorticity
Chancellors Award for Excellence in Teaching
Publications and Professional Activities
- Giorgis, S., Weber, J., Hojnowski, J., Pierce, W., and Rodriguez, A., in press, Using orthographic projection with geographic information system (GIS) data to constrain the kinematics the Central Range Fault zone, Trinidad: Journal of Structural Geology.
- Giorgis, S., Tong, J., and Sirianni, R., 2009., Constraining neotectonic orogenesis using an isostatically compensated model of transpression: Journal of Structural Geology, v. 31, p. 1074-1083.
- Giorgis, S., McClelland, W., Fayon, A., Singer, B., and Tikoff, B., 2008, Timing of deformation and exhumation in the western Idaho shear zone, McCall, Idaho: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 120, n. 9/10, p. 1119-1133.
- Tikoff, B., Benford, B., and Giorgis, S., 2008, Lithospheric Control on the Initiation of the Yellowstone Hotspot: Chronic Reactivation of Lithospheric Scars: International Geology Review, v. 50, 2008, p. 305–324.
- Giorgis, S., Tikoff, B., Kelso, P., and Markley, 2006, The role of material anisotropy in the neotectonic extension of the western Idaho shear zone, McCall, Idaho: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 118, n. 3/4, p. 259-273.
- Giorgis, S., Tikoff, B., and McClelland, W., 2005, Missing Idaho arc: transpressional modification of the 87Sr/86Sr transition on the western edge of the Idaho Batholith: Geology, v. 33, n. 6, p. 469-472.