|Bulletin 9 |
Pages 180 - 184
29 October 1999
| ||Call for Nominations|
|181||Harter Mentoring Award, President's Advising Award, O'Brien Teaching Award|
| ||Remaining College Senate Meetings|
|182||Message from Chair|
| ||Fall Elections|
|182||Duties of Nominations Committee|
|183||Duties of Faculty Personnel Committee|
|184||Corrected College Senate Membership Structure|
Correspondence: Becky L. Glass, Department of Sociology, Sturges 122C
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 245-5336
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are now being accepted for two supported professorships:
Lockhart Professor and
Geneseo Foundation Professor
Deadline for nominations is Monday, November 15
See Bulletin p. 149 for details._________________________________________
Nominations are now being accepted for:Harter Mentoring Award
President's Advising Award
President's Award for Excellence in Part-time Teaching
Deadline for nominations is Wednesday, December15
See Bulletin p. 164-165 for details.
Letters of nomination for all the above awards should be addressed to the Campus Awards Selection Committee, c/o the Provost's Office, Erwin 205. Nominees will be contacted and told what supporting documentation to provide.
College Senate Meetings
Both at 4:00 pm, Newton 204
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Ballots for electing members to the Committee on Nominations and the Faculty Personnel Committee will be distributed Nov. 1 and 2, and should be returned to department secretaries by November 10.
Please follow the directions on the ballots. If your ballot is collected without a signature envelope, it cannot be counted.
To help inform your voting decisions, here is a summary of the duties of the two committees which appear on the Fall ballot.
1. During the Fall semester, prepare and submit a slate of two or more candidates for each of the three vacancies which open on the Committee on Nominations each Dec. 1.
NOTE: The three persons elected in this fall's election will join Randy Bailey, Wendy Pogozelski, and Anne-Marie Reynolds (whose terms end Dec. 1, 2000).
2. Every third year, prepare and submit a slate of two or more candidates for the office of
University Faculty Senator
3. During the Spring semester, prepare and submit a slate of two or more candidates for each of the Senate officer positions of Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer; Senators-At-Large Under and Over Six Years; Professional Leave Review Committee; General Education Committee; and any other elective positions.
NEW DUTY as of May 1998:
4. Decide on the process of nominations and selection of the members of the Faculty Personnel Committee, in consultation with the College Senate Chair.
Summary of the DUTIES OF THE Faculty Personnel Committee
1. The Committee shall act on:
a. All cases when a dept. chair and/or committee have recommended a member of the teaching faculty for promotion and/or continuing appointment
b. Any case in which an individual faculty member (in his/her own case), a dept. chair, or a dept. committee asks in writing for the Committee's review and recommendation regarding promotion, continuing appointment, or renewal of term appointment.
2. In all cases under review, the Committee will require access to materials submitted in support of a recommendation for promotion, continuing appointment, or renewal of term appointment.
3. The Committee shall meet with the Provost before submitting its recommendations to the President.
4. The Committee shall submit to the President a simple negative or positive recommendation for each candidate.
5. The Committee shall meet with the President to discuss its recommendations.
NOTE: The three persons elected in this fall's election will join Bill Gohlman, Donald Marozas,
Jerry Reber, and Gary Towsley (whose terms end Dec. 1, 2000).