Deliberation Ground Rules
1. Everyone is encouraged to participate.
2. No one or two individuals dominate.
3. We listen to each other.
4. The deliberation will focus on the choices.
5. All the major choices are considered.
6. Participants should speak to each other, not just to the facilitators.
7. An atmosphere is maintained for deliberation and examination of trade-offs among choices.
From materials provided by the National Issues Forum at Montgomery College, Gaithersburg Business Training Center, June 10-11, 2004