Welcome to my webpage!
Current Courses - Fall 2012
"The superior man is modest in his speech, but he exceeds in his actions." --Unknown
"It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect. The more perfect we are, the more gentle and quiet we become towards the defects of others." --Joseph Addison
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do." --Edward Everett Hale
Low-dimensional topology, mapping class groups, classical 3-manifold topology, bordism theory, knot theory, and group theory
On the Andreadakis-Johnson Filtration of the Automorphism Group of a Free Group, (with F. Cohen and A. Pettet), Journal of Algebra, Volume 329, Issue 1, March 2011, pp. 72-91.
Bordism Invariants of the Mapping Class Group, Topology, Volume 45, Issue 5, September 2006, Pages 851-886.
Bordism Invariants of the Mapping Class Group, Mathematics ArXiv Posting, (See publication in Topology for final version.)
Bordism Invariants of the Mapping Class Group, Thesis (Updated 5/20/2004)
Curriculum Vitae (Updated 1/10/2013)
- Math 221 - Calculus I (Fall 2008, Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Fall 2012)
- Math 222 - Calculus II (Spring 2009, Fall 2009)
- Math 223 - Calculus III (Fall 2007, Spring 2011, Spring 2012)
- Math 233 - Elementary Linear Algebra (Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Spring 2010)
- Math 239 - Introduction to Mathematical Proof (Spring 2012, Fall 2012)
- Math 326 - Differential Equations (Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Spring 2010, Spring 2011, Spring 2012)
- Math 330 - Abstract Algebra (Fall 2011)
- Math 333 - Linear Algebra (Fall 2007)
- Math 338 - Topology (Spring 2008, Fall 2012)
- Math 380 - Low-Dimensional Topology (Fall 2009)
- Math 388 - Honors Linear Algebra (Fall 2010)