Student Association Merit Award Scholarship Information and Application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 8, 2013
The SA Merit Awards are a collaborative effort of the Undergraduate Student Association and the Geneseo Foundation. All awards are supported by mandatory student activity fees.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All current full time students are welcome to apply for any of the award categories below. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 is required at the time of application
HOW MANY SCHOLARSHIPS ARE THERE AND WHAT ARE THE AMOUNTS?
The number of scholarships vary with awards ranging from $500 to $1000.
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA?
Leadership Awards: Recipients of these awards demonstrate strong leadership skills in either SA-funded or non-funded organizations. Students in this category should show continual involvement in and advancement through student organizations during their time at Geneseo.
Service Awards: Recipients of these awards demonstrate consistent dedication and involvement to one or more student organizations during their time at Geneseo, but have not necessarily been recognized with a leadership position. Students involved in community service / service learning organizations are also encouraged to apply.
Diversity Awards: Recipients of these awards demonstrate a dedication to promoting diversity and tolerance through programs and services while at Geneseo. As with the other award categories, successful applicants will show consistent dedication to a diversity-centered organization while at Geneseo.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download the Application (.docx)
- Review the required Criteria (.docx)
- Download Recommendation Form (.docx) Select an individual to complete recommendation and follow instructions on form.
- Complete application. Save as a PDF with the filename as your Last Name_First Name (e.g., Doe_Jane.pdf)
- Enroll in Student Association Merit Scholarship on myCourses
- Log into myCourses
- In the Courses Box, click on the link at the top left to "Find a Course"
- Type "Student Association Merit Scholarship" in the keyword search box (the course will appear in the search results)
- Click on the "Enroll" link
- "Student Association Merit Scholarship" will now be on your myCourses homepage
WHEN ARE SCHOLARSHIPS ANNOUNCED?
By April 19, 2013, you will receive an e-mail either notifying you of the scholarship and the amount you have received, or that you were not selected.
WHO TO CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
Kate Rebban, Director, SA Programs, Personnel & Finances