Geneseo Access Control
- Buildings remain secured during operational hours. Students, faculty & Staff can scan in with their Geneseo ID's.
- Building hours listed on this page.
- Full semester hours are scheduled to start Monday, Feb 8 for all academic buildings.
Feb 8 - We received a large number of calls from Students over the weekend with access issues. Many of these were linked to the building hours not starting until Monday Feb 8th. If you had trouble access buildings last week (when buildings were not open) please try again. We are happy to check it for you (firstname.lastname@example.org) but most of these resolved once buildings opening this morning.
The Card Access office assists a wide variety of departments and individuals on campus to optimize their access to campus space and resources. Services that we offer include the overall administration of the installed software and hardware, scheduling, managing of permissions (who gets in where when) and support.
We work closely with CAS, Residence Life, Campus Scheduling & Special Events, CIT, Facilities Planning, Facilities Services, and University Police Department to manage this service to the entire campus.
Currently, there are online card readers on the exterior of every building on campus with the exception of Blake Hall. Additionally, we have readers inside Bailey, Blake, Clark, Doty, Erie, the ISC, Letchworth, Monroe, Ontario, RJ, Seneca, and South Hall.
Building Operational Schedules
Building hours listed on this page. Each building follows a pre-set operational schedule. These schedules change for different times of the year, breaks and holidays. It is our job to keep the building schedules in sync with campus operational needs.
Working closely with Campus Scheduling & Special Events we adjust building schedules to support special events on campus. This includes both the public exterior doors as well as interior space in some of our buildings.
The best way to get started with a special event opening is to work with the Campus Scheduling & Special Event office. They are very adept at translating your needs into instructions for us.
Services We Offer
- Scheduling door openings for all special events on campus that require a change to normal building hours
- Scheduling normal building hours
- Permissions for faculty & staff
- Academic permissions for students
- Residence permissions for students
- Maintenance, support & troubleshooting
- WiFi lock support
- Lock box testing
- Area Access Manager Training
- Data Integration with BANNER