Paul J. Pacheco
Associate Professor and Chair Of Anthropology
Geneseo, NY 14454
Paul J. Pacheco has been a member of the Geneseo faculty since 1999.
Ph.D., M.A., The Ohio State University
B.S., University of Utah
- 2015 Kanter, Noah, Paul J. Pacheco, Renato Perucchio, and Jarrod Burks, Living Large on the Bottom: A Structural Engineering Analysis of Three Ohio Hopewell Structures from Brown's Bottom, Ross County, Ohio. In Building the Past: Recent Research on Prehistoric Wooden Post Architecture in Ohio, edited by Brian Redmond and Robert Genheimer. pp. 146-187. Gainesville: University Press of Florida
- 2014 Davis Hoffman, Kim and Paul J. Pacheco, Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen? Improving Students' Research Approach by Providing Them with the Necessary Tools. In The Embedded Librarians Cookbook: Recipes for Making Long-Term Connections, edited by Kaisja Calkins and Cass Kvenild, pp. 12-15. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, A Division of the American Library Associaion.
- 2011 Howard, Steven P., Paul J. Pacheco and Lynette Willsey-Schmidt, Bockmeir Point Site: The Kinzua Phase Revisited. Northeast Anthropology 75/76:23-57.
- 2010 Pacheco, Paul J. Why Move? Ohio Hopewell Sedentism Revisited. In Hopewell Settlement Patterns and Symbolic Landscapes, edited by A. Martin Byers and Dee Anne Wymer, pp. 37-55. Gainesville: University Press of Florida.
- 2009 Pacheco, Paul J., Jarrod Burks, and Dee Anne Wymer The 2007-2008 Archaeological Investigations at Ladys Run (33Ro1105). Current Research in Ohio Archaeology 2009,http://www.ohioarchaeology.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=281&Itemid=32.
- 2009 Pacheco, Paul J., Jarrod Burks, and Dee Anne Wymer The 2006 Archaeological Investigations at the Browns Bottom #1 Site (33Ro1104). Current Research in Ohio Archaeology 2009, http://www.ohioarchaeology.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=268&Itemid=32.
- 2008 Pacheco, Paul J. and Jarrod Burks Early Woodland Ceremonialism in Context: Results LCALS's Research at the Munson Springs Site (33Li251). In Transitions: Late Archaic and Early Woodland Archaeology in the Ohio Country, edited by Martha Otto and Brian Redmond, pp. 159-182. Athens: Ohio University Press.
- 2008 Snyder, Daniel, Michael Powers, Paul J. Pacheco, and Jarrod Burks Browns Bottom #1 (33Ro1104) Bladelet Assemblage: An Experiment in Use-Wear Analysis. Pennsylvania Archaeologist Vol. 78(1):41-60.
- 2006 Pacheco, Paul J. and William S. Dancey: Integrating Mortuary and Settlement Data on Ohio Hopewell Society. In Recreating Hopewell, edited by D. Charles and J. Buikstra, pp. 3-28. Gainesville, University Press of Florida.
- 2005 Pacheco, Paul J., Jarrod Burks, and Dee Anne Wymer Investigating Ohio Hopewell Settlement Patterns in Central Ohio: A Preliminary Report of Archaeology at Browns Bottom #1 (33RO21). Current Research in Ohio Archaeology 2005, http://www.ohioarchaeology.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=103&Itemid=32.
- 1997 Pacheco, Paul J.: Ohio Middle Woodland Intracommunity Settlement Variability: A Case Study from the Licking Valley. In Ohio Hopewell Community Organization, W.S. Dancey and P.J. Pacheco, eds., pp. 41-84. Kent: Kent State University Press.
- 1997 Dancey, William S. and Paul J. Pacheco: A Community Model of Ohio Hopewell Settlement. In Ohio Hopewell Community Organization, W.S. Dancey and P.J. Pacheco, eds., pp. 3-40. Kent: Kent State University Press.
- 1996 Pacheco, Paul J.: Ohio Hopewell Regional Settlement Patterns. In A View From the Core: A Synthesis of Ohio Hopewell Archaeology, P.J. Pacheco, ed. , pp. 16-35. Columbus: Ohio Archaeological Council.
More About Me
Ohio Hopewell Culture, Middle Woodland period, Eastern Woodland cultures, Origins and spread of food production, Remote sensing techniques in archaeology
Interests in Anthropology
Prehistoric North American Archaeology
Settlement and Subsistence Patterns