List of Employers Attending
Click the button below to view the list of employers attending the Annual Job & Internship Fair. This list will be updated as employers enroll. Check this page often to see the new additions.
Tips & Reminders for this Event
- You will find employers looking for summer help, internship, professional positions (degree required) and part-time positions. Review the list of attending employers to familiarize yourself with the organizations that interest you.
- This is a professional event. It is essential to portray yourself best to make the most significant impression on the employers. Professional attire is required at this event. If you are not sure what this entails, follow these guidelines. If you do not own appropriate attire, stop by Career Development in Erwin 116 to utilize the Encore Closet.
- 80+ employers will be in attendance. As the event nears, Career Development will be sending out a list of the employers attending. Research each employer and make a plan of who to speak with when you arrive at the event. It is a good idea to brush up on the facts of each company and to know, at least, the following:
- What they do
- Where they are located
- Where they are hiring
- Who their competitors are,
- What impact they've had on society
- Know what to expect. With each employer you speak with, you will engage in a mini-interview. They will ask questions about you and will expect you to have questions for them. Practice your 30-second "elevator pitch" beforehand. An elevator pitch is a brief self-introduction that includes your name, major, hometown, year, career goals, past experiences, etc. It is a great way to break the ice and spark a conversation. For each employer that you are interested in, have a few questions prepared to ask. Questions can include:
- What are you looking for in an intern/professional?
- What are the day-to-day responsibilities of this position?
- What does a future look like in this career field?
- What experiences do you recommend to pursue to be successful in this field?
- Know what to bring. This Job Fair could be the first step toward your career. If so, you want to be sure to be prepared. For this event, it is vital to have several copies of your resume on hand to distribute to interested employers. You can carry these resumes in a professional-looking folder or padfolio. Stop by Career Development in Erwin 116 to meet with a Career Mentor to have your resume reviewed. An appointment is not necessary. You can also print copies of your resume on high-quality paper in the office, as well. If you have a business card, bring that as well. Otherwise, there will be a coat rack and a safe area to leave your backpack while you are interacting with the employers - no need to carry these with you.
- Make time in your schedule. You may come and go at this event as you please. Be sure you have allotted enough time in your schedule to meet with every employer that interests you. You will most likely talk to each employer for a few minutes, due to the number of students attending.
- Everyone can attend! This event is open to all students and alumni. It is an excellent experience for anyone at any level of their career search.
- Freshman/Sophomores: This is a great chance to network with future employers and alumni to gain information about career opportunities. Plus, it is an excellent opportunity to land a part-time or summer position. It is never to early to start circulating your name and experiencing professional conversation while networking. Who knows, you may speak to the same employers at next year's event when you are searching more seriously for a job or internship!
- Juniors: Now is the time to score an internship if you do not have one yet. Employers will be there looking to fill internship positions. It is also a great way to learn more about these opportunities and network before applying to full-time jobs after graduation.
- Seniors: Entering the real world can be scary. If you haven't started looking for full-time opportunities yet not would be a perfect time. We will have employers looking to hire students after graduation.
- Alumni: Whether you are looking for a new or first-time position, there will be opportunities for you at this event, too.
- It won't just be Upstate employers. This year we are making a strong effort to invite employers from all over the state. If you are exclusively looking for positions in downstate New York, there will be opportunities for you at this event!